Founded in 1972, TÉLUQ is the only french-language university in North America offering all its courses via distance education. Every year, nearly 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students obtain their university education from TÉLUQ.
All of TÉLUQ’s 400 courses and 110 programs are offered through distance learning. Their content is designed by professors who are experts in their field in collaboration with education technology and media production specialists.
All the pedagogical methods and tools − online course environments, learning approach, personalized support, digital and printed materials − are intended to promote accessibility to quality education as well as facilitate student success.
Adapted Teaching Methods
- Courses offered every semester: fall, winter and summer
- Registration open at all times
- Courses can begin at different times within the chosen semester
- Students do not need to travel, except for supervised exams, which take place close to home
- Flexible distance education adapted to every student’s schedule
TÉLUQ is unique because it is modelled exclusively on distance education approach. Hence, one of its stronger fields of research is influenced by this special characteristic and has made TÉLUQ University one of the leader in distance education research world wide.
Main Fields of Research
- Distance education and educational sciences
- Cognitive informatics
- Social and organizational challenges of the knowledge economy
- Society, culture and communication
- Health, public policy and population